Перейти к контенту

EdgunUSA - Edgun Matador #2339

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hello my Russian friends. I see (from Youtube statistics) that many of you have already found my video channel :smex: . For those who have not, I welcome you to visit.

And I thank Eduard for making his rifle available to the boys across the pond.

All the best,

Ted

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdgunUSA

post-5713-1282542413_thumb.jpg

• Ответы 65
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Загружено фотографий

Hi Ted! I regularly I go to your channel) I like your video) very good shot!

Especially liked the frame camera to sight, a very original design, I want to do something like make

Hello Ted,

- from Oslo, Norway !

That looks like a brilliant setup. I am waiting for my two Matadors to arrive here, - and I would like to copy your set-up one way or the other. Is it possible to have a little more detailed picture of your set-up ? Or is this "classified" material ?

Fantastic shooting by the way, - and some great videos......

Thanks..... :voo:

That looks like a brilliant setup. I am waiting for my two Matadors to arrive here, - and I would like to copy your set-up one way or the other. Is it possible to have a little more detailed picture of your set-up ? Or is this "classified" material ?

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

And here's the information you requested, zocoloco. I keep no secrets. :(

Camera is a Panasonic DMC-TS1. There are better options out there, but this one is okay - it's HD (720p).

Mount is the Seben DKA2 - $60. Seben in a European company. The mount is only available on eBay for US buyers. The mount can swing to the side, so the shooter can use the scope normally if he wants.

Whatever camera you select, it must be capable of using the Macro setting for video. This seems to be the only way to get a good, clear focus on the cross hairs. I set this Panasonic camera to macro, and let the camera do everything else on "Auto". If you don't set it to Macro, it tries to focus on the image down-field. This results in blurry cross hairs with an overall blurry picture.

Casio makes high-speed point-n-shoot camera. The EX-FC150 is at the TOP of my list for my next camera. It is capable of taking video of a helicopter so that you can see each blade spinning with NO blur. Truly exceptional! It would undoubtedly reveal many unknowns re: pellet trajectory for an individual gun.

The Casio EX-F1 is the best at slow motion, but it is too large for our purpose.

So, we need to opt for the FC (compact) series. Note that the high speed mode will not work in HD - you need to reduce image quality in order to get more frames per second.

For video editing, I use Ulead Videostudio Pro X3. It's a balance between power and "for dummies". Adobe Premiere is too expensive and way over my head. There are many others that will work just as well (or better) as Videostudio.

post-5713-1282660035_thumb.jpg

post-5713-1282660055_thumb.jpg

And here's the information you requested, zocoloco. I keep no secrets. :(

Brilliant, - thanks a lot......... :(

Off to Lanzarote in a few days where I have friends selling very cheap electronics......... :(

Hmmmm..........

:(

Блин, только заметил :rolleyes:

Надо у Эдуарда спрашивать...

This wood, bed, stock was a "made in USA" It was no good...

Ted is covering with coating of different paint....

Made in USA bed is no more...

Glad to see you made the move Ted... Congrats...

Yeah, registering was a stumble in the dark, but I managed. :pok:

International friends, new videos have been added:

Shooting golf tees at 50 yards and Vinyl tubing depinger installation (Mamcrackin showed me that one).

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdgunUSA#p/u/0/YBmZcnhlNtw

When a shot it fired, there is a shock wave that is produced that

will travel through the air tube causing a pinging sound somewhat

like a tuning fork or like the ringing of a bell.... The depinger is a

piece of vinyl tubing that is placed inside the air tube so that

it dampens or stops the ringing of the air tube when the gun is shot....

You can watch the video here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdgunUSA#p/u/1/We6LOjCLJyA

Look for Depinger Installation for Edgun Matador PCP Air Rifle.mp4

Everything I do) Thanks Jeff ! So it is the damper, supresses vibration of the reservoir, now everything is clear!

;) Thanks Jeff !! Good idea ) , I'm surprised how easy are solutions))

Hi there,

- and just for the record, I am deeply admiring your shoooting as well as videos..... :)

BUT with regards to the depinging one, - I would have considered a different lightning all together. In bright sunshine like this, shadows are often difficult to conquer. As a result, parts of the video is difficult to see. Especially when you hold the gun close to the camera for viewers to see "the internals"....

That said, I shall test out your method on my Lelya when time permits.....

It is amazing how easy it seems to reduce that little unwanted noice, - and your idea seems brilliant.

Another hint while at it: Why not show us what it sounded like before and after the operation..... :)

:)

Trygve,

I agree with both of your suggestions. The lighting was not what I wanted. But, it is what I had to accept. If I had remembered to simply switched on the LED light on my camera, you would have been able to see the internals much better. For what it is worth, the breech is very easy to remove. I comes off in 1-2 minutes. So, go ahead and take a look for yourself. :mm:

The "before" and "after" sound comparison has been requested by many many people besides you. I should have addressed that point in my video. I actually did make a recording of the gun shooting before and after the installation. But, my camera did not show the difference. It was unable to capture the "pinging" sound. I need better recording equipment. :ok:

Ted

PS Thanks for fielding some questions, Jeff. I appreciate it. And you know hot to word things better than I.

Mount is the Seben DKA2 - $60. Seben in a European company. The mount is only available on eBay for US buyers.

Apparently only sold via Ebay. I have been looking around, but cant find it anywhere else..... :ok:

Casio makes high-speed point-n-shoot camera. The EX-FC150 is at the TOP of my list for my next camera.

Difficult to find in Norway unfortunately. I may have to buy from the US (Amazon) as my friends in Lanzarote don't stock them..... :ok:

The Casio EX-F1 is the best at slow motion, but it is too large for our purpose.

Now that one is truly interesting. Not as a scopecam, but to document pellets and how they fly..... Also super when it comes to document the behavior of your rife (recoil, twist etc.).

Deffo on my shopping list. Thanks again for the tip...!!! :da:

For video editing, I use Ulead Videostudio Pro X3. It's a balance between power and "for dummies".

For "dummies" ? In that case perfect for me !!!! ;)

I have been working as a photographer for some years in the past, - and I still enjoy still pictures. Video is new territory (almost) but things like exposure, light etc. should be very much the same.

If you should forget price for a moment, what would be the ultimate scopecam combination in your view ?. In terms of quality, ease of use, option to use scope the normal way etc. etc. etc......

Have you a "dream set-up" that you can think of ?

Thanks again ......

:ok:

PS: Also found you on the Yellow and learning fast....... :mm:

For my "ultimate scopecam", I guess I would keep things as they are, and simply add the Casio Ex-FC150 camera. I would love to have more zoom and higher definition at fast speed. But, this would come at the cost of added weight/bulk. Keeping things small/light is very important.

I will buy that camera within a year, and then the videos will be even more fun! :)

One more thing - I've added a new video highlighting the specifics of the camera mount.

Well done mate !!! :smex:

Thanks a lot....!

And that pic in pic feature is way cool, - how did you do that ?

:xz:

Shooting Beers @ 170 Yards.

This is my 2nd and final entry to the Pyramyd Air video contest. My videos aren't as visually stimulating as many of the others, but hopefully the judges will like my "just the facts, ma'am" style. Win or lose, I had fun making them.

Here are the details:

Rifle: Edgun Matador #2339 .22cal

Scope: Leapers Accushot SWAT 4-16x 56mm AO Illuminated Reticle

Pellets: JSB Exact Heavy Jumbo 18.1g

Bipod: Harris 6-9"

Beer: MGD 64 (expired, and not my cup of tea anyway)

Wind: 5mph from the NorthEast (45 degree angle to shooting range)

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти

• Создать...