#41 Эдуард

Эдуард
  • Ветераны
  • Cообщений: 13 457
  • Город\Town:планета Земля, Солнечная система
  • Имя\Name:Эдуард
  • Леший №:0113

Отправлено 16 Октябрь 2010 - 17:43

Your video and shooting are very quality.
But at us it is considered that the sparrow doesn't harm.
The good hunter kills only harmful animals or that them to eat.

You never know what is considered as a good target or not on the other side of the Earth. So I think that it is not correct to point to the thing you are not aware of.

#42 Ted in Madison

Ted in Madison
  • Пользователи
  • Cообщений: 21
  • Имя\Name:Ted in Madison

Отправлено 16 Октябрь 2010 - 17:52

The good hunter kills only harmful animals or that them to eat.

Thank you for the compliment re: the video.

And I agree with your sentiments! Those birds that were killed in the video are harmful.
All are originally from Europe, and none are protected by my government.
They spread disease to the animals (goats) on the farm.
They also harm native and beneficial birds (such as bluebirds and purple martins).

I am not an irresponsible shooter. A small amount of research would show that.

If we are in agreement, why do I have to explain myself so much? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

House Sparrows are often a nuisance in urban areas like manufacturing and food processing plants. Gutters and drainage pipes clogged with sparrow nests can backup and cause extensive water damage and fires have been attributed to electrical shorts caused by machinery housing sparrow nests. Lastly, feces buildup can lead to structural damage from the uric acid in droppings, plus the bacteria, fungal agents and parasites in the feces also pose a health risk.

In grain storage facilities, fecal contamination probably results in as much monetary loss as does the actual consumption of grain. House sparrow droppings and feathers create janitorial problems as well as hazardous, unsanitary, and odoriferous situations inside and outside of buildings and sidewalks under roosting areas. Damage can also be caused by the pecking of rigid foam insulation inside buildings. The bulky, flammable nests of house sparrows are a potential fire hazard.

Sparrows can be an extreme nuisance for homeowners. The chattering of the flock on a roost is an annoyance to nearby human residents. Nestlings are primarily fed insects, some of which are beneficial and some harmful to humans. Adult house sparrows compete with native, insectivorous birds. Martins and bluebirds, in particular, have been crowded out by aggressive sparrows that drive them away and destroy their eggs and young. House sparrows generally compete with native species for favored nest sites. Bluebirds are nearly non-existent in the U.S. due to house sparrows.

#43 vlad357500

vlad357500

• Спецгруппа
  • Cообщений: 2 977
  • Город\Town:Столица СКФО, г. Пятигорск
  • Имя\Name:Владислав
  • Матадор №:1287

Отправлено 16 Октябрь 2010 - 18:05

You never know what is considered as a good target or not on the other side of the Earth. So I think that it is not correct to point to the thing you are not aware of.

You are a philosopher :)
But I need a reason for murder. Possibility to shoot - not a reason.
P.S.
I believe that sparrows harm to Ted :)

#44 vlad357500

vlad357500

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 16 Октябрь 2010 - 18:23

I am not an irresponsible shooter. A small amount of research would show that.

If we are in agreement, why do I have to explain myself so much? :)

Don't worry about it. Shoot new videos, please. I like to look them.

#45 toshik

toshik

US Assistant/Site owner

• Пользователи
  • Cообщений: 8 388 607
  • Город\Town:Jax/Moscow
  • Имя\Name:Антон Tony
  • Матадор №:853
  • Велес №:44
  • Леля №:51

Отправлено 17 Октябрь 2010 - 17:34

But at us it is considered that the sparrow doesn't harm.

FUI sparrows are considered to be pests in the US.
http://www.birdbuste.../bird_pest.html

#46 derganiy

derganiy

Русский

• Спецгруппа
  • Cообщений: 1 384
  • Город\Town:Москва
  • Имя\Name:Владимир
  • Велес №:0092, 0358

Отправлено 17 Октябрь 2010 - 23:08

The video says "Hunting" in the title. Do you think my viewers would enjoy a hunting video with no hunting?

I don't shoot every bird that I see. I only show the viewers the birds that I DO shoot.
Many many birds I did not shoot. But, you did not see those.

Do you disapprove of the video?
If so, why do you not follow instructions?

"If you disapprove of hunting pest species, please do not watch it"

in the U.S. certainly are pests and sparrows, and egrets or something similar and how I was pleased to shoot the homeless ...
in my understanding of hunting is the taking of game with tricks and skills, and shooting sparrows is genocide;)
so I'm not against shooting at live targets, but I think the goal should be worthy of the Arrow

#47 mamcrackin

mamcrackin
  • Пользователи
  • Cообщений: 49
  • Город\Town:Texas USA
  • Имя\Name:Jeff Guillory
  • Матадор №:1897
  • Леля №:090

Отправлено 18 Октябрь 2010 - 00:11

derganiy I think maybe you have no animals to protect,..... Most humans can protect themselves but, the pest birds cause disease and kill farm animals which cost plenty rubels.... I am sure if the bird costing you money you also would dispatch them when the chance is at hand... You only have this opinion because it cost you nothing for the birds to drop feces on your home...

#48 derganiy

derganiy

Русский

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 18 Октябрь 2010 - 09:16

heh, me called them vitoras :plak:

#49 Ded

Ded

Профессор Франкенштейн

• Спецгруппа
  • Cообщений: 2 815
  • Город\Town:Петрозаводск
  • Имя\Name:Лева
  • Матадор №:Продал
  • Велес №:Продал
  • Леля №:285

Отправлено 18 Октябрь 2010 - 18:51

in the U.S. certainly are pests and sparrows, and egrets or something similar and how I was pleased to shoot the homeless ...
in my understanding of hunting is the taking of game with tricks and skills, and shooting sparrows is genocide;)
so I'm not against shooting at live targets, but I think the goal should be worthy of the Arrow

Don't worry, Vladimir! Possibly, you, living in Moscow, can't see many sparrows in stone jungles, but in America sparrows have an European origin and they are living in conditions of absence of natural enemies. Usually this situation lead to blow-up of abundance - remember problem with Colorado potato beetle in Russia what present thime have no respectable solution. Finely, I want to mark that sparrows in soup are excellent. In my long-run juvenility I, having my first air rifle, often hunting sparrows on collective farm fields with any success and then my grandmother prepare a good eating for me.

#50 derganiy

derganiy

Русский

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 19 Октябрь 2010 - 07:54

Don't worry, Vladimir! Possibly, you, living in Moscow, can't see many sparrows in stone jungles, but in America sparrows have an European origin and they are living in conditions of absence of natural enemies. Usually this situation lead to blow-up of abundance - remember problem with Colorado potato beetle in Russia what present thime have no respectable solution. Finely, I want to mark that sparrows in soup are excellent. In my long-run juvenility I, having my first air rifle, often hunting sparrows on collective farm fields with any success and then my grandmother prepare a good eating for me.

that is, the sparrows in the states is like our jackdaws?
but in the video that I was somewhat jarred shooting not only sparrows and even then any other bird species. and so the video reminded boasting of our "bespredelschik" who shoot at everything that they see

#51 Ded

Ded

Профессор Франкенштейн

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 19 Октябрь 2010 - 18:05

that is, the sparrows in the states is like our jackdaws?
but in the video that I was somewhat jarred shooting not only sparrows and even then any other bird species. and so the video reminded boasting of our "bespredelschik" who shoot at everything that they see

1. Of coarse, no. The abundance of sparrows in Russia is much more than jackdaws. And a'm not sure exactly are there jackdaws like our in the States.
2. Absolutely agree with you. I'm against shooting in all that move or fly.

#52 Ted in Madison

Ted in Madison
  • Пользователи

Отправлено 19 Октябрь 2010 - 18:19

Okay gentlemen - I'm done discussing whether or not to shoot birds. :voo:

A new video is now made. And there are no birds being shot (only shotgun shells), so everyone should be happy. :mm:

Do you know Chairgun Software in Russia? This is what video is about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chairgun Pro Video Demonstration

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Oh0MiNFKJHg

#53 Bluesman

Bluesman

Увлекающийся

• Спецгруппа
  • Cообщений: 1 655
  • Город\Town:Иваново
  • Имя\Name:Андрей
  • Матадор №:опять жду

Отправлено 19 Октябрь 2010 - 19:27

Yes, it's one of the most popular ballistic software.

Nice video again!

There is no necessary to use mil-dot on distances from 10 to 60 yards for targets with kill zone about 2" (crow) :voo:

#54 Bluesman

Bluesman

Увлекающийся

• Спецгруппа
  • Cообщений: 1 655
  • Город\Town:Иваново
  • Имя\Name:Андрей
  • Матадор №:опять жду

Отправлено 19 Октябрь 2010 - 20:44

Ted, what do you think about this?

I use the same calculator, but under Windows Mobile:
Screen06.jpg Screen05.jpg Screen04.jpg Screen03.jpg Screen02.jpg

#55 vlad357500

vlad357500

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 20 Октябрь 2010 - 07:51

A new video is now made.

:rolleyes:
Thanks !

#56 Ded

Ded

Профессор Франкенштейн

• Спецгруппа

Отправлено 20 Октябрь 2010 - 08:54

Okay gentlemen - I'm done discussing whether or not to shoot birds. :rolleyes:

A new video is now made. And there are no birds being shot (only shotgun shells), so everyone should be happy. :smex:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chairgun Pro Video Demonstration

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/Oh0MiNFKJHg

Exellent video, Ted! Very informative. I use now the last version of Chairgun, good program.
Ted, don't be worried. You may shoot sparrows and other numerous bird without passages of different so called "green fanciers"

#57 Ted in Madison

Ted in Madison
  • Пользователи

Отправлено 31 Октябрь 2010 - 09:40

New Camera!

#58 Эдуард

Эдуард
  • Ветераны
  • Cообщений: 13 457
  • Город\Town:планета Земля, Солнечная система
  • Имя\Name:Эдуард
  • Леший №:0113

Отправлено 31 Октябрь 2010 - 09:51

Great, Ted, looking forward to seeing new perfect videos from you! Thinking about the same way... ;)

#59 Ted in Madison

Ted in Madison
  • Пользователи

Отправлено 04 Ноябрь 2010 - 21:22

Bluesman, that is pretty cool. And it would be nice to have on hand at the range!
But, I HATE fancy cellphones. :xz: I'm a traditionalist - I use phones for talking to other humans. :smex:

Anyway, part 2 of the Casio EX FC150 Scope Camera is now uploaded. Enjoy!

#60 zocoloco

zocoloco
  • Пользователи
  • Cообщений: 88
  • Город\Town:Oslo, Norway - Lanzarote, Spain
  • Имя\Name:Trygve
  • Матадор №:2844, 2855
  • Велес №:0572
  • Леля №:090

Отправлено 18 Ноябрь 2010 - 18:11

Anyway, part 2 of the Casio EX FC150 Scope Camera is now uploaded. Enjoy!

Ted, - this is just awesome !!! :)

I have run trough all your videos again, and I am learning new things all the time....

Can't wait to receive my two Matadors, but honestly I don't know where they are right now.... :smex: The last I heard from Ed was that they were in Estonia ready to be shipped, - and that he was out diving in the Red Sea. Since then I have sent him a couple of emails, - but so far without any reply....

The Casio has been secured, and I am waiting for the mount to arrive.

Thanks again for sharing. Hopefully in a few weeks time we may be able to compare notes..... :)

Cheers........

:)

Copyright © 2018 EDgun.com